BRISBANE FLYING GROUP CESSNA 172S VH-WPI
IMPORTANT: The aircraft particulars listed below have been compiled as a guide only.
Pilots should check the accuracy themselves by reference to the PILOT’S OPERATING HANDBOOK and the AIRCRAFT FLIGHT MANUAL.
Maximum weight (MTOW) - 2550 lbs. - 1159 kgs.
Empty weight - 1700 lbs - 771.1 kgs. (Includes oil & unusable fuel)
Usefull Load - 850 lbs - 387.9 kgs.
Check weight & balance limitations in the Aircraft Flight Manual load data sheet before flight.
Oil Normal 6 quarts. Oil Maximum 8 quarts - Minimum 5 quarts.
Fuel: 213 litres in total. 201 litres usable. ( Use the calibrated dip stick to check quantity)
Plan litres / hour. 40 litres / hour. ( Lean to 50* rich of peak.)
Endurance: 300 minutes.
True Air Speed: Plan about 118 kts.
Stall speed power off: Clean 48 kts - Full flap 40 kts
Take Off Normal: 0 – 10* flap. Rotate @ 55 kts and climb out @ 70 – 80 kts.
Take Off Short Field: 10* flap, Rotate @ 51 kts and climb out @ 56-62 kts.
Demonstrated Cross Wind: 15 kts.
Side slipping: Max. 20* Flap Side slips with full flap PROHIBITED.
Cruising RPM: 2100 – 2650 (No more than 75%, refer to tables in POH)
Final Nil Flaps: 65-75 kts.
Final Full Flaps: 60-70 kts.
Final Short Field Full Flaps: 61 kts.
Climb Best Rate: 75 kts.
Climb Cruise: 75-85 kts.
Climb Best Angle: 62 kts.
Best Glide: 70 kts.
Some Operating Tips.
1. 5 fuel drain points under each wing and 3 under lower engine cowl on RHS. (13 Total)
2. Fuel pump normally used for priming for cold start only however hot weather may cause fuel vaporization in fuel lines when engine warm and require short prime.
3. Use funnel when topping up oil to prevent spill into engine cowl.
4. Auto pilot to be switched OFF on toggle switch for take off & landing.(No OFF Switch for KAP140 in WPI. Supply is off circuit breaker controlling electric Trim)
5. Nose wheel is steerable, DO NOT RIDE BRAKES.
6. Always LEAN MIXTURE when taxiing.
7. Taxi off-centre to prevent nose wheel hitting taxi way centre lighting.
8. Ensure seats lock on both rails when adjusting position. Seats also have vertical adjustment.
9. Close cabin vents with push/pull lever located below yoke on co pilot side after flight.
10. Lock passenger side door from inside and confirm windows locked before locking pilot door after flight. Ensure baggage door locked.
11. Lean mixture 50 rich of peak for cruise at any altitude use EGT gauge. If in doubt read about it in POH.
12. The VDO records your time & the TACHO records time for Maintenance Release. ( Note in WPI aircraft TTIS is not the same as Tacho time)
13. Plan descents with power on to avoid SHOCK COOLING and possible engine damage.
14. NO ENGINE RUN-UPS ON GRAVEL AREAS this causes damage to prop & airframe. If only gravel do them while taxiing.
15. Pilots are requested to remove all personal items and rubbish from aircraft after use.
16. If you are taking passengers please ensure you have sick bags available. You are responsible for keeping the aircraft clean.
17. Use the tow-bar for ground handling and always tie-down and chock the aircraft after flight.
18. TYRE PRESSURES: Nose wheel 45 PSI Main wheels 38PSI.
19. Report all defects, heavy landings or damage, no matter how minor, for assessment and rectification to, Greg Ryman 0438 834803 or Mick Boyle on 07 38487156.